Bringing Facebook, Gtalk styled messaging to Oracle Webcenter Portal Spaces.
If your interested in a trial contact sales at FishbowlSolutions.com
Here is a quick breakdown of features:
- Does not require beehive, presence or XMMP servers for chat – just an authorised spaces connection
- Authenticates against webcenter and lists your webcenter Connections
- Show User online status
- Can link upto multiple XMPP Servers like the Pidgin Client but within a web browser
- Private Messaging support
- Can create a chat room and collaborate with other users
- Can add users within a private chat room to connect in WebCenter (if they are not using XMPP connection)
- Can be used to pass message update notifications ie Workflow notifications from UCM direct to the user.
- I could also create a desktop application using Adobe AIR as a desktop client tool to also manage these connections.
- Mobile supported messaging as websockets are fully supported on mobile devices
- Chat application does not need to sit on spaces and can be on WebCenter Sites or Site Studio
- Notify users of application updates on WebCenter, CRM, BPM
- Send SMS Text messages to users from BPM
So I own a Vertex 120GB and Vertex 2 240GB drive – I have to say these are excellent drives and I’m already looking at the rev drive and the Vertex 3 for my next purchase!
These drives are far superior in everyway in my opinion to the standard momentum or scorpion drives out there.
- last week I fell asleep infront of the TV with my laptop as I’m sure a lot of you have done in the past.
WELL.. If your a true geek like me I’m sure you’ve done it!
But anyway I woke up a couple hours to find my laptop had gone into sleep mode..
Now if any of you own a OCZ Vertex you will know or should know how bad it is to let this hard drive sleep and that there is a known bug of no return unless you are lucky..
What do I mean bug of no return.. Well if your unlucky as I was the drive no longer displays within the BIOS.. Yup its a gonner.
Saying that there are a few options you should try first – I tried them all without any luck – lots of work lost; yes I should backup I know your all going to tell me this.. But truely how many of you backup your laptops… ..
So these are the things I came across – firstly my HD I noticed has 2 internal LEDs at the back where the connection is.. It flashes redish orange once and stays as a solid green usually this is recoverable or so I hear from the forums.. But if you have solid red/green light its bust.. Sorry
So first thing to try::
1. Switch off System.
2. Turn off the PSU, remove Power cord from outlet.
3. Disconnect the LE and all other drives.
4. Remove CMOS Battery.
5. Press PC case power button for 20 seconds to discharge capacitors.
6. Short the CLR CMOS jumper and leave all to ‘drain’ for about 30 minutes.
7. Reset jumper/Re-insert the Battery
8. Attach power/turn on PSU and configure CMOS to safe Defaults and set:
a. AHCI SATA mode.
b. Any CMOS Hot Plug/External SATA settings [DISABLED] on the LE port.
9. Save CMOS settings, re-boot to CMOS.
10. Connect the LE back to SATA port 0/1 via a Hot Insert/Plug/Connect the SSD while in CMOS, by placing SATA Power lead on first, then SATA signal Cable.
Then save CMOS and re-boot back into to CMOS to check if SSD is detected.
a. (At this stage, only the SSD on SATA port 0/1 and CD/DVD drives SATA port 4/5 should be attached).
11. Put the Bootable Tools CD in it’s drive, change Boot Order to CD/DVD first and Boot to it.
a. Secure Erase the SSD
b. Force Flash the latest Firmware.
c. Power down the system, remove power to the drive for 1 minute, reconnect the drive and power on.
Secondly if the above does not work::
Download the Linux Tools from here – install the iso to a usb and run the unfreeze app.
This didn’t help me just recovered from sleep and stayed as a black screen..
It is said if you disconnect and rconnect you may get lucky and the hard drive will initialise and you will be able to retrieve your data – I must of done this 100 times plus with no success
Overall it hasn’t put me off buying from OCZ – but I will be investing in a NAS with Raid enabled support to backup to daily!
Also I will be checking after every windows update that my sleep settings have not been reset.. If you do buy OCZ Vertex or SSD then I recommend you follow this guide to prevent the bug of no return happening and forcing you down the route of RMA process with OCZ:
I am and just happened upon this!… “Son of a Beach Ball”
Read up on my summary of the Oracle Partner Event in Malaga and why you should have been there – over on the Fihsbowl cfour blog!
Meet great people; discuss business problems, find out how others solved their issues and party..
But I’m jumping back into the scene and taking a side step away from tweeting as @JRSim_UIX and giving you some useful tips blogging my experiences with Oracle FMW and the WebCenter software stack and lettling you see a few secret projects.
Ok, so I missed out on a proper Paddys day celebration this year.. But I`m not going to miss 4way 42″ Hi Def Classic SNES Drunk Mario Kart with some friends this weekend
So.. As you can see.. Up to my neck in work haven’t transitioned across to Fishbowl CFour just yet so get you Bunny Inc dosage in..
Also on a side note for all you iphone enthusiasts the latest iphone WebCenter package has been released!
Goto the apple market and download your copy lots of awesome improvements well done CB.. Great work here.
That’s right; Fishbowl Solutions are coming to EMEA!
It’s an exciting time and a lot of changes on the horizon. Firstly Blue Studios:: Oracle focused Sections - will be moving and migrating across into Fishbowls:: Cfour Oracle Enterprise 2.o blog. I’ll be joining the team of bloggers keeping you up to date with my latest brainwaves and integrated solutions, mostly of what you’ll soon be seeing on a new area of Fishbowls site – “The Labs”; where we’ll be giving you sample code, whitepapers and guides as well as releasing some of our cut-down products for you to have a play with.
With this partnership – I will be bringing over 9 years of experience with Design & Development – including managing and maintaining Oracle E2.0 ECM and WebCenter for clients within Europe and the Middle East.
There’s lots interesting activity at FB one of which is providing mobile solutions – creating both native and cross compatible application for IOS and Andoid and I’ll be jumping into the action drawing up new UI controls and hopefully improving on the out of the box UX.
Development has already begun on the first Oracle Partner WebCenter portal solutions. As we all know Fishbowl heavily use Oracle products internally and use it to maintain and manage their site and digital assests. With the latest release of WebCenter PS3 it looks as if it is time to expand it’s current investment and show off its true potential – allowing it’s partners to login and collaborate and bring true E2.0 to reality; if you manage to make it to the Fishbowl roadshow you’ll see it in action
Hahahaha.. .. You’ve probably seen this video floating about but encase you haven’t here it is..
Some one has a bit too much time on their hands.
If they are investing some money into this.. What other awesome stuff could they be investing in..
Watch this space..
I’ve been reserved with my posts in 2011; mostly because of a busy schedule with life and work.
Next month I get married and I’m sure a lot of my readers understand how busy planning can be..
But… there are also more positive changes happening behind the scenes with my career and the future of Blue Studios – unfortunately these have held me back from releasing some major proof of concepts, components and ideas. But don’t worry, the future is looking bright and I expect all this to be coming your way in the following couple of months…